
-
Tension has erupted in Benue state, following a gun men attack.
-
The armed men were said to have ambushed a Benue Link bus, killing and abducting it’s occupants.
-
The driver and a front passenger were killed in the gruesome attack.
A group of unknown gunmen have attacked a travelling bus in Benue state.
According to reports, the assailants killed two people, while also abducting 23 passengers.
The incident was reported to have happened near the Otukpo Burnt Bricks area in Otukpo Local Government Area on April 3, 2025.
Confirming the incident to the general public, the management of the transport company, Benue Link Nigeria Limited, imna statement released by its PRO, Johnson Daniel said;
“Benue Links Nigeria Limited regrets to announce the tragic attack on one of its buses, bearing registration number PP512, which was en route from Makurdi to Otukpo.
The incident occurred on April 3, 2025, near Otukpo Burnt Bricks, when armed assailants ambushed the vehicle.
“Regrettably, the driver of the 18-seater bus, Mr. Samuel Agege, and a front-seat passenger were fatally shot by the attackers. While the gunmen attempted to abduct the remaining passengers, three individuals managed to escape, and another passenger had earlier disembarked at Taraku town before the incident.”
Also Read: BREAKING: Ijaw Dominates Warri Federal Constituency Delineation Exercise
Benue Links Nigeria Limited extends its deepest condolences to the families of the deceased and stands in solidarity with those whose loved ones remain in captivity. We assure the general public that we are in constant communication with security agencies, who are making concerted efforts to rescue the abducted passengers.”
“We appreciate the swift response of the law enforcement agencies and express confidence in their ongoing efforts to ensure the safe return of those taken.”
The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Anene Sewuese Catherine who also confirmed the attack said;
“A kidnap incident involving a Benue Links vehicle has been reported. More details will be made available shortly,”
More details coming shortly….
Death Toll in Plateau Attacks Rises to 52
The death toll in attacks by gunmen in Plateau State has risen to 52, with 40 more corpses recovered on Wednesday and Thursday night.
The attacks occurred in several communities in the Bokkos local government council, including Mangor Tamiso, Daffo, Manguna, Hurti, and Tadai.